LA GRANDE JATTE, STEVIE'S B-DAY PARTY , AND ALEX RODRIGUEZ GOES YARD !
I am experiencing a little tour bus dementia at the moment. It is funny when you do like we did last night and you pull in at 4:00 am and you get your stuff and go to your room . You could be anywhere in any hotel. I get to my room and I think , Hey this is that nice hotel by that little town in Michigan where we have stayed like 5 times and the town is very Norman Rockwellian ! They were having a soap box derby today when I walked to town ,for christ sakes.... Anyway so I go back to sleep and when I wake up I call down to the desk and ask where the nearest Starbucks is and are we on Eastern time . And I can just hear the operator thinking , what kind of jackass do I have on the other line . He dosesnt know where or how he is . And she would be correct . Oh and befroe I forget it, a big shout out to the nice folks who gave me the Starbuck's gift card it has come in mighty handy !
We have just spent 3 incredible days in Chicago . One of the greatest cities on earth . The first day off I do my usual and take a cab to the Art Institute of Chicago . If you have never been you dont know what you are missing . That place is absolutely , LOADED. They have Georges Seurat's ,masterpiece,Sunday on La Grande Jatte , Grant Wood's American gothic, Nighthawk's at the Diner ,and At the Moulin Rouge by Toulouse Latrec . In other words they have the largest Impressionist collection outside of Europe . They have a great American section too. Like Winslow Homer ,Singer Sargent and some futniture by Frank Lloyd Wright .....dont miss it . It was such a nice day I waked all the way back to my hotel , like 25 blocks . Fabulous .
That evening was Stevie Nick's birthday party . She had her whole gang and that is a lot of people and she invited the Isaak bunch and we all went to this great eatery in Chicago . There was probably 45 or so of us and we totally took over this restuarant . It was great to get to visit with her band and crew whom we had visited with somewhat on showdays. They are all veterens of the road so the stories were flowing . Great people all.
We had two incredible nights off . But then again that is Chicago for you.
The next night our friend Rich from HSM clothiers , and boy is he the host extraordinare, took us to see the Chicago White Sox play just like he did last year . And against the Yankees just like last year . We have been planning this since we got our schedule when we were in Europe ,in April........So he takes Isaak ,myself , and Sheryl our manager to the ballpark. And Rich is so hooked up in Chicago that we sit in Jerry Reinsdorf's ,the White Sox's owner's , sky box. Only thing is it is more of an apartment than what you think of as a sky box . And it hangs right over home plate . As you dear readers know I am a huge baseball fan so I am in Hog Heaven !!!!
Anywho.....the game is going along just fine it is a pitcher's duel with Mussina for the Yanks , he is a Stanford product, and Contreras for the Pale Hose . Then about the 8th inning the wheels fall off of the White Sox .....The Yankees load up the bases ,The ducks are on the pond , excuse me I love cliches. And superstar Alex Rodriguez is coming to bat . now White Sox's skipper Ozzie Guillen has just trotted out a dizzying array of pitchers over the last few innings and he must be fresh out . I start to warm up ....nah just kidding ....Anywho .....Rodriques comes up and BOOM..........He hits a GRANDE SALAMI, HE TOUCHES THEM ALL...HE HAD AN EXTRA BISCUIT FOR BREAKFAST AND THAT IS OUT OF HERE, GOOD BYE MISTER SPALDING, BACK , BACK , BACK. IT IS A GRAND SLAM......Holy sh#t......that is only the second grande slam I have ever seen live . The other was by Mark Mcguire in Oaktown.....when Rodriguez hit that home run it was like someone had yelled fire in the stadium everyone rushed to the exits , but we stayed to the bitter end . Though the hometeam lost I had a wonderful time ...
When I got back to the hotel around 10:30 ,it was on, in my hotel's neighborhood . And there were 2 women fighting in the lobby and I see three cops come running on the double quick !!!!!! Man what a town .....
I LOVE ME SOME CHICAGO
KENNEY DALE
We have just spent 3 incredible days in Chicago . One of the greatest cities on earth . The first day off I do my usual and take a cab to the Art Institute of Chicago . If you have never been you dont know what you are missing . That place is absolutely , LOADED. They have Georges Seurat's ,masterpiece,Sunday on La Grande Jatte , Grant Wood's American gothic, Nighthawk's at the Diner ,and At the Moulin Rouge by Toulouse Latrec . In other words they have the largest Impressionist collection outside of Europe . They have a great American section too. Like Winslow Homer ,Singer Sargent and some futniture by Frank Lloyd Wright .....dont miss it . It was such a nice day I waked all the way back to my hotel , like 25 blocks . Fabulous .
That evening was Stevie Nick's birthday party . She had her whole gang and that is a lot of people and she invited the Isaak bunch and we all went to this great eatery in Chicago . There was probably 45 or so of us and we totally took over this restuarant . It was great to get to visit with her band and crew whom we had visited with somewhat on showdays. They are all veterens of the road so the stories were flowing . Great people all.
We had two incredible nights off . But then again that is Chicago for you.
The next night our friend Rich from HSM clothiers , and boy is he the host extraordinare, took us to see the Chicago White Sox play just like he did last year . And against the Yankees just like last year . We have been planning this since we got our schedule when we were in Europe ,in April........So he takes Isaak ,myself , and Sheryl our manager to the ballpark. And Rich is so hooked up in Chicago that we sit in Jerry Reinsdorf's ,the White Sox's owner's , sky box. Only thing is it is more of an apartment than what you think of as a sky box . And it hangs right over home plate . As you dear readers know I am a huge baseball fan so I am in Hog Heaven !!!!
Anywho.....the game is going along just fine it is a pitcher's duel with Mussina for the Yanks , he is a Stanford product, and Contreras for the Pale Hose . Then about the 8th inning the wheels fall off of the White Sox .....The Yankees load up the bases ,The ducks are on the pond , excuse me I love cliches. And superstar Alex Rodriguez is coming to bat . now White Sox's skipper Ozzie Guillen has just trotted out a dizzying array of pitchers over the last few innings and he must be fresh out . I start to warm up ....nah just kidding ....Anywho .....Rodriques comes up and BOOM..........He hits a GRANDE SALAMI, HE TOUCHES THEM ALL...HE HAD AN EXTRA BISCUIT FOR BREAKFAST AND THAT IS OUT OF HERE, GOOD BYE MISTER SPALDING, BACK , BACK , BACK. IT IS A GRAND SLAM......Holy sh#t......that is only the second grande slam I have ever seen live . The other was by Mark Mcguire in Oaktown.....when Rodriguez hit that home run it was like someone had yelled fire in the stadium everyone rushed to the exits , but we stayed to the bitter end . Though the hometeam lost I had a wonderful time ...
When I got back to the hotel around 10:30 ,it was on, in my hotel's neighborhood . And there were 2 women fighting in the lobby and I see three cops come running on the double quick !!!!!! Man what a town .....
I LOVE ME SOME CHICAGO
KENNEY DALE
<< Home