THE CITY OF LIGHT,AVENUE DES CHAMPS ELYSEES,THE MONTMARTRE,AND FRENCH TELEVISION.
We landed late on sunday in Paris after connecting thru munich....whew.....But hey who cares I am in paris . One of the only cities in the world that is all it is cracked up to be . We got in after dark so it was mostly walk around the Champs Elysees, because our hotel was just off of there . We had dinner by the Arc De Triumphe which I have seen many time before because we used to stay at the Victor Hugo hotel ,nearby . The arc Is a very moving place if you actually walk under it . Mostly what you hear about is World war 2, But the Arc is about the First World War which absolutely devestated France and a whole generation of men.
Anywho the next day we had Two TV shows but my lobby call wasnt till 3 in the afternoon and I woke up at 7:30 am. Yahoo jet lag !!!!!!!
So i figured what the hey,, I might as well go over to the Montmartre where all the impressionists used to hang out .We used to stay there when we first started touring France in the first two album days ..We used to stay at the Place Abbesses. Which to a westerner like me , looks like a damn movie set . in other words Old Paris . So I went up to the top up by the Sacre Cour church to have lunch . When i was in Chicago last summer they had a Toulose Latrec exhibit which actually had murals taken form some coffee house in the Montmarte in the 1890s!!!!! One had a picture of all the artists flooding into Paris to take over . Awesome. So i go to the square ,which is very touristy but I dont care .I went to this restaurant that I have been to a few times called the Mere Catherine which is damned old . And is actually fantastic . So i had lunch and watched the tourists. I then walked down the hill to the Moulin Rouge area and caught a cab back . We then did a couple of TV shows .
Now follow closely. the second TV show was way cool. the concept is this guy hosts a dinner party in the toney Fouborg neighborhood . So they actually have dinner with these blaring candles and all the cameras are on remote and the crew and Isaak and I are on the streets down below at like 11:30 at night . Isaak and I are the dessert entertainment . So when it is time for us we go ring the doorbell and the butler lets us up and we come set down at the dinner party and have a glass of Dom all on camera . Now they dont translate which is good because that just bogs down the whole enterprise. But to us they speak English . there are about 9 people at the party and I dont know any of them but they are French movie stars and TV stars . They are very friendly and everyone has a cig or a cigar....Puff away brother ....We then procede to play like 6 songs . which the host and guests ask for us to play . And we even played Roger Miller's 'King of the Road" . A request. Isaak and I have never played that song . But know it of course . We have the day off today in the city of light and I cant wait . Talk to you later ....
KENNEY DALE
Anywho the next day we had Two TV shows but my lobby call wasnt till 3 in the afternoon and I woke up at 7:30 am. Yahoo jet lag !!!!!!!
So i figured what the hey,, I might as well go over to the Montmartre where all the impressionists used to hang out .We used to stay there when we first started touring France in the first two album days ..We used to stay at the Place Abbesses. Which to a westerner like me , looks like a damn movie set . in other words Old Paris . So I went up to the top up by the Sacre Cour church to have lunch . When i was in Chicago last summer they had a Toulose Latrec exhibit which actually had murals taken form some coffee house in the Montmarte in the 1890s!!!!! One had a picture of all the artists flooding into Paris to take over . Awesome. So i go to the square ,which is very touristy but I dont care .I went to this restaurant that I have been to a few times called the Mere Catherine which is damned old . And is actually fantastic . So i had lunch and watched the tourists. I then walked down the hill to the Moulin Rouge area and caught a cab back . We then did a couple of TV shows .
Now follow closely. the second TV show was way cool. the concept is this guy hosts a dinner party in the toney Fouborg neighborhood . So they actually have dinner with these blaring candles and all the cameras are on remote and the crew and Isaak and I are on the streets down below at like 11:30 at night . Isaak and I are the dessert entertainment . So when it is time for us we go ring the doorbell and the butler lets us up and we come set down at the dinner party and have a glass of Dom all on camera . Now they dont translate which is good because that just bogs down the whole enterprise. But to us they speak English . there are about 9 people at the party and I dont know any of them but they are French movie stars and TV stars . They are very friendly and everyone has a cig or a cigar....Puff away brother ....We then procede to play like 6 songs . which the host and guests ask for us to play . And we even played Roger Miller's 'King of the Road" . A request. Isaak and I have never played that song . But know it of course . We have the day off today in the city of light and I cant wait . Talk to you later ....
KENNEY DALE
<< Home