Sunday, November 26, 2006

FAREWELL TO AUSTRALIA, NEW JERSEY ON THURSDAY, AND PARISIAN TELEVISION...AGAIN !

Oh man is this a bittersweet last day in Austaralia. This Oz tour has been successful beyond anyone's estimate and I have to say it has been the most fun of all the Oz trips . We are ending up with a concert tonight in Perth , which is one fine city. It is a pain to end up a tour out here this far ,because it adds an additional flight to Sydney to catch the flight back to the states. Come to think of it, the last tour here ended in Cairns ,way up on the top of Australia, and that means get up early and fly to Sydney to connect. Last night we had a special treat because Hank Marvin from the group "THE SHADOWS" ,came to our show, and we are HUGE fans of his . He lives in Perth now so it was a treat to hang out with him before the show. The Shadows were not that well known in the states but were big in the UK , of course, being the musical idiot savant knuckleheads that we are , we really are fans of his . That is a fun perk of this job ,getting to meet childhood music favorites of mine. Like getting to hang out with Billy Gibbons of ZZ TOP at the MGM GRANDE in Las Vegas. When I was growing up in Texas ZZ Top were gigantic ! Of course I didnt say " you were my hero when I was a kid" Or my personal favorite " my mom is a big fan of you guys!" Or how about the time when Jake Dylan was touring with us and his dad Bob came backstage and ,strangely, wanted to hear that "Dancin' song are you going to play that Dancin' song? " Of All of Chris' songs.....I dunno.....
I gotta tell ya that it is a little strange sitting hear in Perth on Monday and thinking that I will be in New Jersey on thursday sitting around a TV studio waching a bunch of people in tights . But ,hey, that is how funny and strange my life gets sometimes, I have so many great memories of Perth . I almost drowned Hershel when we went snorkeling at some very rough place recomended by the dive shop. I dont know if that wasnt his first snorkel ,oh well he made it . Then another tme we took a boat out to Rottnest island and they drug us around on the back of the boat on a rope . Very white trash . And when I snorkeled at Rottnest I discovered that the ocean bottom was completely covered in wine bottles! Oh man the Australians are very proud of their wine . And rightfully so . We played about 6 wineries this trip . But man the Peter Lehman winery was awesome . It is outside of Adelaide and they make fabulous wines . Sirromet Winery up in the Gold coast was the craziest . The poor people ran out of food early in the afternoon so they had to survive on wine for hours. They ordered like a thousand Domino pizzas but by the time we got there Man o' Manechevitz were the fans tanked. I mean even more than Konocti Habor if you can wrap your mind around that !
Well just think we are going to be pestering the French with more TV appearances! We did a lot last time in October . And now I dont know how many we are doing because I havent seen a schedule. Come to think of it my next blog will probably be from France . Unless the TV studio in New jersey has wireless . Yeah like that would happen. I am dreaming. We are going to be all day at the studio . Kind of like when you do the Jay leno show .You are there all day and do like 4 run thrus. And try and avoid the NBC commisary . Johnny Carson wasnt kidding.
If you ever get to Australia be sure and get a Sticky Date Pudding .Trust me on this one. The rest of the world doesnt know what it is missing .
YOUR PAL
KENNEY DALE